How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5777
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister in law and husband have returned to nz after

Customer Question

My sister in law and husband have returned to nz after living in Australia for 40yrs and wish to apply for bancrupcy through no fault of there own.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Melbourne Victoria.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: nz lawyers are not sure of aust laws they say.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I could ring you and explain situation in more detail.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

What is the issue exactly?
Why do they want to apply for bankruptcy?
Why is it not their fault?