How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44637
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Years ago my daughter was living with me and took on paying

Customer Question

Years ago my daughter was living with me and took on paying the rates and taxes etc and when she moved out she continued to still pay them for me . We no longer speak and I have recently found out she has somehow managed to sign my home over to herself and the rates and taxes are now in her name. I need to know what to do , I'm 70 and this home was my parents and it's all I have
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You need to go and see a solicitor to have them do searches to see when it happened and get copies of the transfer.

If the transfer is forged then proceedings fro fraud can be commenced against her and to have the property transferred back into your name.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.