How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I divorced in 2009 since then, my ex never allowed me to see

Customer Question

Hi, My name is***** divorced in 2009 since then, my ex never allowed me to see my daughter. I have been paying 100% child support and this year I lost by job and worked casual on call for the rest of the year. For a good reason I could not give the CSA an accurate estimate. I prefer they take all at the end of the year. However the CSA has stated that I owe an additional $6,953.85 payable by 7th August, 2016. This amount owing has been calculated from an annual income of $66,159.00 for me and my ex partners's annual income of $43,193.00. Is there a way I can negotiate with the CSA on this matter to extend the deadline.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good evening.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You need to put in a variation.

if you are not earning the income that they say you have to disclose what you have earned and do your income tax returns for the period.

Did you earn that money?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Leon,Yes I earned that money and I am willing to pay in full and i trust it is an accurate assessment which anyone in my situation would pay if they earned that much . However it is the repayment deadline that I would like extended.