How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In December 2015 a fast ways contractor, whilst making a

Customer Question

In December 2015 a fast ways contractor, whilst making a delivery to our home reversed into our garage da aging the gutter and fascia. We needed to ring his office to make a complaint where his manager spoke to him, saw the damage on his truck. The courier driver saw my husband and the damage and verbally agreed to pay the invoice. We sent him the invoice in March and did not hear from him. I contacted his head office again who told me he has since been sacked. They gave us his details and told us to take it to the small claims court. However as the agreement was only verbal and it was property damage this is not an option.
What should I do next?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Do you have an estimate of the damage that has been caused and the costs.