How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick H. Your Own Question
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5420
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Patrick H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got married in the philippines to a philippino girl 10

Customer Question

hi i got married in the philippines to a philippino girl 10 years ago, now she has gone off with another guy,can she get a divorce she has just obtained her Australian citizenship
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: what is USCIS?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

Any Australian citizen is entitled to get a divorce if they want to and there is generally no circumstance in which a court will refuse such a request save that the parties have to have been separated for at least 12 months.

I trust his assists your understanding.

If you have a follow up question, please advise otherwise please rate my answer.