How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been providing financial assistance and accomodation

Customer Question

Hello Pearl, I have been providing financial assistance and accomodation to a malaysian lady who has been seperated from her husband and she needs a lawyer to assist her.
JA: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: She is from Penang and now living in NSW Australia. The husband has threatened to kill her youngest child if she does not return to him but she can mot as she is currently undergoing student visa appliaction that has apparently been approved so she can not leave australia for 3 months
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No thats what she needs.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes but I believe it would be best comming from her as It is not really my place to intefere but I do feel she needs a lawyer.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

It is not clear what exactly you are wanting advice on? What is it you want to know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My friend needs a divorce lawyer and to ensure he child is not harmed by the spouse threatening to kill it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am happy to speak on the phone but I would request some clarification that will be beneficial as I explained the situation about needing a lawyer and you advised it was not clear what we are asking and i dont have time or money to waste as potentially a childs life is at risk.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you recommend a divorce kawyer in that locality