How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently on an IEA which my employer wants to

Customer Question

I am currently on an IEA which my employer wants to terminate 30th june but is offering me to continue doing the same work same flexible hours but is requesting saying that I will be paid inaccordance with an award that has no jurisdiction within my workplace. Fairwork have advised me there is no award for my position either state or federal and they could just pay me the minimum wage for whatever hours I work. I would have thought that I would at least continue on the same pay rate or better than what I currently receive otherwise there is no advantage in me changing except to say they could dismiss me and that would be unfair as someone has to do the work. I am a caretaker cleaner in a sports enviroment
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

What award are they suggesting and are your rates of pay higher than the award?