How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44340
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a motor vehicle that has ongoing issues over the

Customer Question

I have a motor vehicle that has ongoing issues over the course of warranty and has spent multiple periods off the road over the course of warranty.
Now I have taken it to the dealer with similar issues ( now 6 weeks out of warranty) and have been quoted for $3000 worth of repairs and potentially another $3000 if one of the remedies do not work.
I have given ford Australia the chance to come up with a resolution, and I am waiting on a response.
My car has done approx. 1/3 of the kilometres that warranty would cover, but has expired by time.
Do I have a legal right to seek remedy on these issues?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

If the issue existed before then it is still under warranty.

It is faulty and they have to repair or replace.

Here is the information followed by the link

Fixing something that is the manufacturer’s fault

Some goods may fail to meet one or more of the consumer guarantees due to a manufacturing defect or issue that would otherwise be the manufacturers fault. The consumer can ask the seller to provide a remedy, and the seller is required by law to oblige.

In this situation the manufacturer must reimburse the seller. The reimbursement amount can include any compensation paid to the consumer for reasonably foreseeable consequential losses.

A supplier has three years to ask the manufacturer for reimbursement, from the earliest of the following dates:

  • the day they fixed any problems with the consumer’s goods
  • the day the consumer took legal action against the supplier

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.