How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44675
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I I am living in Melbourne and I want to sponsor my friend

Customer Question

Hii I am living in Melbourne and I want to sponsor my friend for a visitor visa ....and I am not a PR or citizen here... I am a student .... And I have been here for last one year .... So can I do this ???
JA: What is your official status? Do you have any pending applications or petitions with USCIS?
Customer: I don't know abou USCIS
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I don't know
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Where is your friend coming from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am also from India
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening.

Unless she is family there is no visa for you to sponsor her.

She has to have enough money to be able to support herself to come here.

As a temporary resident you would not have the capacity to sponsor her as you are only able to work for 20 hours.

You can provide documents to say she is staying with you rent free and then she is not required to pay accomodation costs.

But she has to be able to support herself while here.

But to be able to sponsor her she has to be family.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.