How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been in Australia 26 years i was 13 when i came on my

Customer Question

i have been in Australia for over 26 years i was 13 when i came on my parents visa they are now citizens but they didn't get me a citizenship i have been in jail and they have put me on a bridging visa and i don't no what will happen now as i have been caught driving and look like doing a jail sentence. i have 4 chilldren 10, 15, 16, 19, and my eldest son died 20/6/15 all the children are Australian citizens. what can i do and what is my visa status. lee dodosn 13/11/76
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

How can you be on a bridging visa. You would have permanent residency.

Who told you that you are on a bridging visa?