How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son was involved in a motor vechile accident in 2014,

Customer Question

My name is*****
My son was involved in a motor vechile accident in 2014,
2cars were involved and a person died.
Andrews convicted of dangerous driving causing death and harm.
There was NO alcohol or drugs involved it was an accident.
He has received 3letters from TIO saying that he has to pay $277,395.17
I don't think he has to pay this amount,I rang TIO asking for an itemised account BUT they have NEVER returned my call and we have never received ani itemised account.
They also sent a form for Andrew to fill out(I told him not to until we get advise on what to do.
They have even got the date of accident wrong.
They are threatening him with referring it to legal advisors.
He was 17 when accident happened and will be 20 this year.
Please help,I am not sure what to do..
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

Just to clarify a few issues:

Did your son's accident occur in the Northern Territory?

Does your son have any significant assets?

Was your son driving the car in question question lawfully (i.e. was he licensed and was he driving with the permission of the owner)?

Was the car covered by CTP insurance?