How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44915
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am being threatened via sms, I dont know whop it is but I

Customer Question

I am being threatened via sms, I dont know whop it is but I changed my number two days ago and within 12 hours they had my new number. Im scared, what can I do? The eperson I think it is has friends in the police force
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: victoris, its beeen happening for a while but it was prank calls always and now that I c hanged number, its sms I changed number on friday and got a text friday night and i dleted it and then agin last night and I have kept it
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: If its the person i think it is, they stole money from me, have stalked and harassed me continuously for a year, I have moved, closed my successful business, have lost everything.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You have to go and report it to the police.

If you do not know who it is why would you think he has connections in the police force. This makes no sense at all

The police can trace the number and place an AVO on this person.

You have to tell the police who you think it is and also about the theft of money.

This is the only way you can protect yourself. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.