How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44693
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2011 1 made a insurance claim against the commonwealth

Customer Question

In 2011 1 made a insurance claim against the commonwealth Bank regarding a TPD claim I ticked all the boxes except I was in Hospital at home for 3 days then re admitted for another three weeks the 3 days I spent with Hospital at home according to commissure broke the contract because I left hospital, according to the hospital I never because I was never discharged but commissure disagreed and closed my account and would not pay me out I'm going to go back and challenge this because it doesn't sit right with me I'm back in hospital with the same injury and iv been told to get a lawyer and sort it out any ideas ? Brian
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You need a Solicitor that deals with insurance law.

You have to look at the Product Disclosure Statement and see what that says. It is the key on what you are covered and when you are covered.

TPD should not be biased on when you are in hospital or not but your injuries on whether they are permanent or not.

The PDS is what you have to look at.

Contact the law institute of victoria and they can refer you to a solicitor.

Their website is as follows

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.