How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is . 3questions if I may. Is a real estate

Customer Question

Hello. My name is ***** ***** if I may.
Is a real estate agent/agency required by Law to invite me to do the outgoing inspection of a vacating Unit with them
Should I have, or be given the opportunity to repair, or offer quotes for any minor repairs required to a unit.
And what would be considered a small percentage of a quote to be paid by myself.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

When you leave you should do the inspection.

They are under no obligation but you should be asking for it.

You should have been told about the issues. You are liable for 100% of the damage.