How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have seperated form my husband. One child involved. I left

Customer Question

I have seperated form my husband. One child involved. I left due to DV. I have moved with my son with no belongings to my parents in another state. The ex changed bank accounts so I had no access even before I left him. I have no money at all. I still have nothing but my parents. We had debt between us but unfortunately in my name. A week after I left the ex started selling off all of our Maritial property, has bought himslef a new car and gym memebrships and other luxury items. I can't afford a lawyer but did get some advice. I made him an offer in which he has agreed. This offer sees me getting his Super (which I can't use until I retire) and also some cashe to pay off the debt. That is all really. I feel best to cut my losses. He agreed to the offer and this is the message he wrote back.
"ok i will only agree to this counter offer if it is to be considered a final settlement. ie when I file for divorce at the first available opportunity this settlement offer will be complete and binding with no further monies sort after from
I feel some how like he is ripping me off but on the toher hand I feel best to cut my losses and accept. How should I respond. Obviously there is way more to this but too much to write, he was abusing me in many ways but I just want this to be over. What concerns me is his response. Can you advise?
Also he has no interest in seeking custody of our 8 year old son who has Autism and is in my full care.
Help pleaes
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

You are going to have to get urgent orders to stop him selling.

You will need to speak to a solicitor about this and have them assist with the preparation of the application and the urge injunction

You can also put on an urgent application for residency (custody) based on the violence

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance.