How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44181
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an interim VRO against me and the application against

Customer Question

I have an interim VRO against me and the application against me contains lies and omissions that i can prove. But no one is interested.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: No one is interested and i feel its perjury and vro should be cancelled and her charge
JA: Dealing with charges can be stressful, but getting correct information now can only help. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Ws Wa
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

If it is interim it means that is had not gone to hearing.

You should object to it and the court will set it down for a hearing and if it finds that the allegations are untrue and the person in need of protections has no fear they will dismiss it.

If the allegations of any force and assault are true but the facts may be off or incorrect but the violence occurred then they may agree to change the facts but make the VRO final and for a set period.

In order for you to defend this you have to get a solicitor because if there are also charges attached it is quite serious.

Contact the law society of WA and get a referral to a solicitor that practices in Criminal law to assist you

Their website is as follows:

If you cannot afford a solicitor then speak to legal aid and if you are eligible they will take it on for you.

Their website is as follows

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Related Australia Law Questions