How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask kmslaw Your Own Question
kmslaw, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 210
Experience:  I have 15 years legal experience behind me and I graduated from the University of Sydney with First Class Honours in Arts/Law.
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
kmslaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in qld but at the moment im visiting famh : Family in

Customer Question

I live in qld but at the moment im visiting famh
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Family in adelaide my boyfriend has kicked my 13 year old and wont let him come home
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Im from.queensland
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I live with my boyfriend and my son in qld my boyfriend has said only i am allowed back which means my son will be homeless we have lived there 2 years i dont know what to do
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No i just want to know is he actually allowed to do this hes 13 years old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Hello My name is***** am a solicitor in NSW who will help with your inquiry today.

Can you first of all tell me were you living in your boyfriend's house (that is, he owns it) or were you renting? Can you tell me if you were renting, did you sign a lease/tenancy agreement?

Also can you tell me is your son the son of your boyfriend or does he have another father?

Thanks, ***** ***** can help you.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was living with him in the main house so was my son. He owns his house i moved in 2 years ago. No he id not my sons father
Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Well technically he can allow anyone he likes into his house but if you go back to his house and leave your son alone then you may face a problem with the government accusing you of not taking care of your child so you have a responsibility to ensure you find alternative accommodation or you may lose the right to take care of your child. But once you have found alternative accommodation you may be able to take action under the property relationships legislation to obtain a share of the assets of your relationship. Do you want to know more about that or is that not your immediate concern?

Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry if this is taking a little time, it's difficult to serve your needs when we are not talking on the phone.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to leave my son here because hes not allowed back on the property but he is with my sister and is ok for now. His dad lives her but wont take him while i sort this all out is there anything i can do about that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

I can make this phone call to you tomorrow if you put your number in the space provided and accept the phone call I've offered.