How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am extremely desperate with tolls $26,550.37 my partner

Customer Question

I am extremely desperate with tolls $26,550.37 my partner was driving my car to and from work every day there for going through 2 tolls a day I thought he was paying them I would receive letters and give them straight to him not even opening in them my first mistake My Second Mistake trusting him that he was paying for these tools now he has written as statdeck to say he will take responsibility for all the tolls I have sent in and filled out forms that they have sent me they still refuse to take the tools out of my name there for threatening me with licence suspension car registration garnishing my wages can someone please help me I don't know what to do or where to turn off to talk to
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

I assume it was your car that he was driving.

Where is your partner now?

You will have to take the matter to court and have the court make the ruling that he has to pay.

How many years has this been going on for? They are limited to 6 years to start court actions. If it is more than six years you can restrict the amount to anything less than 6 years.