How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44383
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Ombudsman, I had a DCSI screening care done and it

Customer Question

Dear Ombudsman, I had a DCSI screening for aged care done and it states that I do not meet the requirements of the principles and therefore am not cleared to work in the aged care sector. I believe this is because of an assault charge from approximately 32years ago, this was a one off drunken teenage incident. I have never been in any trouble of this nature since. I have completed and paid for the aged care course and I am passionate about doing this work.
As the assault charge was so long ago I think it is extremely unfair to punish people for the rest of their life. Is it possible to have my record cleared, can you please help me in this matter?
yours sincerely,
Lizbeth Taylor
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

This is not the ombudsman. Which Ombudsman were you after?

Were are solicitors that provide information to assist you with a legal question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know I just need to know if I can get anything done about this
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

Have they given you any reasons and if not have you asked for them?

They cannot discriminate against you for a criminal record this is against the law.

But you have to get them to give you more information.

Here is some information.

If you can get more information and it is discrimination you can take it to the human rights commission.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.