How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5617
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently the support person who has been bailed to me

Customer Question

Hello. I am currently the support person for someone who has been bailed to me and we have experienced bail checks every night for the past three months. Within this time due to personal circumstances I have moved to a new address and of course all bail alterations have been made. At the moment I am residing in a block of townhouses and the existing residents are beginning to wonder what is going on as the police car enters the complex every night and parks right outside my townhouse. I have heard that they may complain to the real estate which could put my lease at risk. Is there anything I can do? Thankyou
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Sadly no, they can attend to checks when they see fit.
BUT, his lawyer can ask for the bail conditions to be varied so that there is no curfew, and use the constant visits as a reason for the reduction of bail conditions.

This can be done at the next court date.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

I note I have not received a response?