How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a financial planner and plan to leave my existing

Customer Question

I am a financial planner and plan to leave my existing dealer group for another. The existing dealer group wants to charge me one years professional indemnity insurance although I will depart in the next 30 days. As the amount of the insurance is fairly large about $9,000 I think it unfair. Insurance companies charge normally on a pro rata basis and refund any unused portion. How do I get redress?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.I am not sure why they would do that. Do you usually have your own insurance or are you covered under their insurance? What does your contract say?