How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44848
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Partners Ex. added her to an ABN. partnership without her

Customer Question

My Partners Ex. added her to an ABN. partnership without her permission or Knowledge. Now he has been sued by work cover and police served my partner with papers as she was added to his partnership without her consent or knowledge. There is no accounts held together or tax done together. This individual has been paying cash to certain people to avoid paying work cover and doing other things not quite right. He has told us to not worry about this as he will have her name removed and to do nothing. ABN no. is ***********
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good EveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Did she ever do tax returns? Did she receive any income from the partnership?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never done a tax return with him and never had any income with him
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, If that is the case she can show that she was not part of it. She has to have evidence that no income from the partnership was on her income tax return. She needs to have representation and then speak to work cover. The penalties are sever and if she does nothing they may act against her. She should not take his advise and do nothing. Take the letter to a solicitor and her accountant and have them deal with it to avoid the penalties. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon