How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Question about my WA work place contract of employment My

Customer Question

Question about my WA work place contract of employment
My employer has told me they no longer have my contract of employment from 2007, if I ever had one as I can't find mine either. The dispute I'm having is I was salaried staff when I joined and only have the 2007 advert off seek, clearly advertising a salaried position. Somewhere along the line my employer has changed me to an hourly paid employee without my knowledge.
They have offered me an hourly paid and a staff contract but require me to prove my
contract was Staff.
last Friday I was given a confirmation of employment letter with two paragraphs I object to, one is Stand down, it says when there is a down turn in work I may be stood down and required to take all my outstanding annual leave and if exhausted I will have to take unpaid leave.
My question is what is my best coarse of action in replying to this confirmation letter which is signed by a director ( who is the MD) and the chief financial officer with no signature requirement by me.
kind Regards
Steven Beardsley
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good EveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.This contract is amending your current terms and conditions and by signing it you agree to the changes. In relation to the clause you refer to if you do not like it you have to step up and ask them to remove it. Or in the alternative if you have something you would like to change it to then you ask for the change.

Related Australia Law Questions