How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been a permanent resident since my family emigrated

Customer Question

I have been a permanent resident since my family emigrated from Cyprus a british colony at the time 1955 the dept. tells me I must stay in aust. for 1yearand not travel o/s I go o/s 2 times a year as my daughter lives o/s can you help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.I am lost.Who and why are they telling you, that you cannot leave?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the person who took my app. form at office in sydney
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
What office? Immigration?Cypriot consulate?It makes no sense. As a permanent resident you can leave but you have to apply for a return resident vista before you leave.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes Sydney imm. at railway square. he looked at my passport (british) and said you have been o/s this year you must stay in aust. without leaving for 1 year
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure Here is the link from the department for you to look at. Your visa is the key and I cannot advise you in this regards they keep saying this you should speak to a Migration agent about getting this fixed up. But my understanding is permanent residents can come and go provided they have the RRV in the link I sent you