How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44196
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Pearl JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have

Customer Question

hi Pearl
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: i havent said anythiny
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: ive clicked on this site and ou came up
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: what is ANOR ?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A friend gave a large sum of money as a gift, our relationship didnt proceed to his liking and became abusive. I took refuge and moved to a private undisclosed address. He has attmepted to look for me and harrassed my parents at their home. He has now motion to recover the gift serving a court order.what am i obligated to do by law?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good MorningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.If it was a gift then you are not obliged to give it back. Because he is suing in court you are obligated to defend his claim and the court will decide whose version they accept as being the truth If they believe you then you will not have to pay it, if they believe him then you will have to pay it. If you do nothing, the court will decide it on his papers and you will have to pay. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon