How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44177
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an enquiry about a Notice of Discontinuance. I have

Customer Question

Hi I have an enquiry about a Notice of Discontinuance. I have heard that Veda will no longer remove a Default Judgement on the basis of a NoD and that we have to go to court. thanks
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Only a Credit Advocate
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I have 2 Court Judgements of Default issued on behalf of Blue Mountains Council. I have a diagnosis of Autism and was not aware of the default judgements until I applied for credit. I contacted the Council and explained my situation and they had their lawyers issue Notices of Discontinuance. The Credit Advocate I previously contacted told me that this would not be enough, and offered to represent me in court to have an order to remove the judgements issued.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: I think that covers it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Is the judgement going to be removed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My understanding is that the Notices of Discontinuances are not enough to remove the judgement from Veda and would like to know the process from here to have them removed
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good AfternoonA Notice of Discontinuance does not remove then judgement. You need to have the judgement set aside. A notice of Discontinuance simply stops the court process.If you want the judgement removed you have to request that it be set aside.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks that answers it
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good AfternoonYou are very welcome and thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon