How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We have loaned our son money to help him and his wife to jointly

Customer Question

We have loaned our son money to help him and his wife to jointly buy a house, but the loan has not been registered against the house because the bank would not allow it. We would like n ow to record the debt with a signed loan agreement with our son so that we can get our money back if ever we need it (unlikely) but also so that the loan is taken our of our sons entitlement under our wills when we both die.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Did they sign any agreement? When you say it was not registered, did you try and register a mortgage? Did you consider a caveat and did you each have your own solicitor act for you?