How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick H. Your Own Question
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5420
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Patrick H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I urgently find out what payments are being

Customer Question

How can I urgently find out what payments are being collected for my 14 year old daughter?
I am her mother and I have not been contacted by centerlink to confirm anyone else to receive payments for her and I susspect that documents have been falsely submitted.
I need to know before tomorrow evening and also the same check for my 9 year old daughter
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately there is no set procedure to simply inquire as to any payment claims made in relation to your daughter. You can enquire of the Depratment of Human Services on the basis you are her mother, but it is most unlikely they can or will give you anything in the time frame you have asked. You could lodge a freedom of information application or if you are inquiring in the context of legal action you could issue a subpoena, which are the only ones which will compel the department to disclose records, but both such processes will likely take many weeks to produce the relevant documents.You can read about freedom of information applications here: information about issuing a subpoena, you should check with the court registry where your legal matter is being dealt with. If you need more time to get the information than your court timetable allows, you may have to ask for an extention of time or adjournment until the subpoena process is complete.I trust the above assists your understanding as to how to proceed.Good luck and Please rate my answer.Patrick