How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My quest is about caveats in nsw. about 5 years ago i departed

Customer Question

Hi, my quest is about caveats in nsw. about 5 years ago i departed with my partner, her name was on the title of the home, i placed a caveat on the title from using legal aid victoria. after the court hearing etc the caveat was removed. now im about to refinance the property, i'll just did a title search, the caveat has been put back on there. I don't know why, whats the quickest process to have the caveat removed.
thank you for your assistance
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good EveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Is the house just in your name?The caveat is it the one you put on or is it a are one from her?Do you have orders from the family court that says it should be in your name only and has that all finished?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it's only in my name.
It's the caveat legal aid put on for me
Yes have orders and has been finalized
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening. You can file a lapsing notice to get rid of it. above is the form.