Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Madam ,I have a 2014 LW II Ford Focus S that has

Customer Question

Dear Sir / Madam ,
I have a 2014 LW II Ford Focus S that has ongoing auto dual clutch shudder that Ford cant permanently rectify !
This problem is world wide !
As a retired mechanic I was aware of this problem in earlier models but on enquiry prior to purchase was informed by Pakenham Ford the problem had been rectified in the LW II Ford Focus which later proved that it hadn't . At Fords admittance they were aware the problem hasn't been solved . Ford has extended the warranty on the transmission control module to 5 years or 160,000 Km .
I don't wish to own this car any more ! It has only travelled 16,000 Km .
What am I entitled to in the way of assistance from ford to change to the current model that doesn't have the duel clutch auto .
Respectfully ,
***** * . ******
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good EveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.The law is very weak in this area. They have a right to repair or replace. You can try and pressure them and argue that the car is not fit for the purpose and has a fault that is not suitable. Here is a link that sets out the consumer protections laws as they stand in Australia. https://www.accc.gov.au/business/treating-customers-fairly/consumers-rights-obligationsYou can also rely on the car dealer misleading you. But it will be your word against his. If you relied on this it will give you greater weight to your argument. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance.