How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I withdraw a statement I gave Victorian police.... They

Customer Question

Can I withdraw a statement I gave Victorian police.... They are charging my ex partner with unlawful assault. He grabbed me by the throat but then let go.... I don't want him charged. I have a intervention order on him he does work very hard has a mortgage and the order is very successful taken out in Dec 2015. I have produced a stat dec of no complaint to the police officer two weeks ago and not heard anything. Court date is 10 th May 2016. Many Thanks Christine
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best.
Customer: Basically I've said everything the police are charging him not me
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No the statemement I made refers cover almost the last 30 years and are not related to the incident as it was so lond
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question.What broadly did you say in your statement that the police are relying on?What actually happened between you and your ex partner and when?Why is there an intervention order in place and what does it say (i.e. how does it restrict him?