How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Your Own Question
Daniel, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5736
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Daniel is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to write a letter to give to my brother inlaw

Customer Question

I would like to write a letter to give to my brother inlaw for him to stop making slanderous comments about me
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: He is going around telling everyone that I yell at him when he speaks to me , I am a president of a hockey club and I have paid for my nephews to play hockey this year with the approval of their mother my sister.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: He told my sister that I am nothing but a bully I have not spoken to him in nearly 12 months I am busy with work and running a hockey club
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
HelloAllegations of yelling and being bullish being told to some mutually known people is no where near enough to make a claim of defamation.Unless it is on printed media or on TV, it would not be worth pursuing in court.You can however send a letter to your brother in law, demanding that he apologise for the remarks and have them withdrawn, or face legal action, if he is gullible to believe it sadly. I wish I could give better news.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
HelloI have not heard a response from you?I wish to assist. Please click accept and rate my service. I can answer further questions after doing so at no further cost.​I look forward to hearing from you.