Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

My mother has been deceased months and the solicitors

Customer Question
my mother has been deceased...
my mother has been deceased for 16 months and the solicitors appear to be dragging this out. how can l hurry them up
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
4/25/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Leon, Solicitor
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Have they applied for probate?What appears to be the issue?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yes probate has been done. There are 5 children named in the will. we have been told by the executor that 2 are contesting. We have received documents this month that were dated in January for one that is contesting but nothing for the other. We do not have a solicitor and would prefer not to engage one. We want to move onto mediation but get stalled constantly by the executor. I want to settle this and lay my mother to rest.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
l was told that after 12 months there is someone l can take my complaints to that will investigate what is going on. Do you know who that is?
Good EveningMy apology for the delayIf there is a contest then no estate will be distributed until that is over. They have 12 months from the date of death to file their applications. Have you received any documentation to prove that they are contesting? What state are you in?You cannot complain about the estate not being finalised if there is a contest of the will.
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor