How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Leon, i actually wrote the last question on behalf of

Customer Question

hello Leon, i actually wrote the last question on behalf of my boyfriend.
what is the fastest way to start proceedings against my mother?
My situation is very complex and there are many details i can't possibly fit into one email but yes' i would like to pursue the money that she is holding, but also i would like to sue her for the money that i was awarded from my fathers estate after he died, roughly 400k in a nsw court in 1984 and my mother was to hold it in trust for me, she was supposed to provide me with an amount at 16 years old for a car, and at 24 years old she was to allocate roughly 50k to invest in a home or a business and then the rest was to be held in trust for me.
Im not sure of the final details but it is all in the court transcripts. I am happy to purchase the transcripts if you can advise me on how to go about it.
I was never provided an amount to buy any car, my boyfriend bought my first car well after i was 16, the only time she helped me to purchase a car was when i was 23 years old and she took out a lease in her name and i paid her every week to cover the full lease repayment myself. there was no deposit provided either.
I did not and have not received any amount to invest in a business or property. Sorry when i was 21 she outlaid 5k for me to purchase products and equipment for my nail artist business.
Infact, i have been on centrelink since i turned 16 years of age. My mother actually attended an appointment at centrelink when i first applied as they wanted to know why she was not supporting me as her income was too high and they normally would not accept someone who's parents income was above that threshold. So my mother attended an appointment with me to say that she refuses to give me an allowance or support me and she had to answer some questions.
Since then i have had sporadic employment but nothing long term. I have been supported mainly by centrelink all my life.
Now i am 34 yrs old, i have lived out of home on and off, i got married when i was 26 years old, my husband contributed to the expenses involved in our wedding but my mother paid around 20k for the reception and accommodation. i met my husband when i was 20 years old, i moved in with him before we had decided to become an exclusive couple and he supported me financially from that time. we moved in and out of my mothers house periodically but every time we have lived at my mothers as a couple my husband paid my mother rent of $200-$250 per week per room (after the birth of our first child we used 2 rooms). i am now separated. I have 2 young children from my 11.5 year relationship, aged 6years old and 8 years old.
I can not live in her home any longer. She does not want me here and i do not want to be here. It is very unhealthy for everyone involved particularly my two young children who have witnessed the police attending our home due to my mothers false accusations and pure desire to have me thrown out. i want my money so i can go and be a mother to my children in my own home. She has defamed me everywhere, she has actually with held her knowledge of the where abbots of my children on an occasion that involved the collection of my kids from after school care in my absence as i had a medical procedure that day, she was my emergency contact and she had her friend collect my kids but then when i called her and asked if the school had been in contact re my kids she blatantly lied to me replying 'NO' this was at 7pm in the evening now. i had 2 police stations searching for my children and they were at her friends house. Her main goal is to have me thrown out defamed and discredited so as she will not have to pay me. she has employed PI's to track me, i have got the invoices & txts . She has employed a full time live in male staff - I'm not even sure what his job is apart from stalking and harassing me. He reports everything i do - when i come when i go when i turn my light on at night when i turn my light off at night, when go into the kitchen when i go to the toilet everything. I have got emails and txts between the 2 of them to prove this.
She has cctv cameras that she and her staff and friends watch remotely that are in my personal space both hidden and visible, I can only tell you of the visible ones as I'm not going to waste my time & sounding like a paranoid idiot. the camera that i know is breaking the law and is invading our privacy has been hanging in our lounge room for about 1.5yrs.
Her male staff member (the live in male that has been stalking me) has made reference in a verbal attack from him to me front of my mother in our kitchen to my intimate conversations that i have only discussed in my bedroom with closed doors - that he could only have herd with the use of some kind of a listening device or camera.
Please help me as i am desperate at this stage, at the same time as all of this - i am a witness and assisting police in a case against my husband. i have a genuine fear for my safety.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good EveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Do you have a copy of the orders and do you know if she still has the money? Does she have any assets?

Related Australia Law Questions