How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick H. Your Own Question
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5422
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Patrick H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can an individual or company place a suit or anything else

Customer Question

Can an individual or company place a suit or anything else that may flag an Australian citizen when entering Australia or prohibit them leaving Australia?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.
This can not generally be done by an ordinary member of the public. Government authorities, such as the police can take such action, and in some narrow range of circumstances a party can apply to a court for orders restricting a person from leaving the country, for example the family law courts can restrict the departure of children from the country. I trust this answers your question.Good luck and please rate my answer.Patrick