Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

If a person was sentences is 1983

Customer Question

if a person was sentences is 1983 in NSW for Robbery with violence and than again in 1985 again for Robbery with violence again than let out on parole and was released on Parole in 1988 where he applied to go to QLD to look for work, But went to QLD with the intention of committing a crime, he was going after a man who was sexually abusing his child. Both Kevin and the wife were arrested in December of that year, Kevin received a large prison sentenced in QLD , NSW we aware of this , Because it is in there documentation . In 2008 I think it was march NSW sent a warrant up to QLD That Kevin was wanted in NSW for escaping from prison. Kevin was on a farm {Pailen creek} and was sent back to Wolston witch is a secure complex. After talking with them quite a while , Kevin was released on parole and NSW did not extradite him . and got on with his life ,
On the 24th OF February 2016 we had 10 police enter our home and take him back to NSW and know is in Grafton correctional centre.
On going to court or parole hearing the judge said that the time served in QLD could not be used as time served and quoted PALIZO , Can you tell me if time served in QLD has been used as time served as part of parole in NSW or any other information you can ,help me
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good AfternonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Time served in QLD is not taken into account with NSWHis parole would have been revoked when he committed the offence in QLD and it is up to NSW to have him taken back into custody to finish off his full prison sentence.Once he is released in QLD if he comes back to NSW he should be arrested.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that was a waist of my time and money this is useless information this useless information has cost me more then what the price stated it said the price was $65 but u removed $70 from my bank account u said u gave me legal advise when use are just stealing innocent peoples money u should be ashamed