How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name is ***** ***** i am wanting to know the how much the

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** i am wanting to know the how much the police can fine you for drunk and disorderly I live in QLD
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i was in our nightclub strip at at the taxi rank and my partner got into an altercation with another person in the line. The police then slammed him to the ground and he was arrested. I then blew up about how they had slammed him down and I was arrested. My partner ended yo with a $706 fine for drunk and disorderly. I ended up with 2 fines one for drunk and disorderly for $706 and another one for obstruction for another $706 I was under the impression that drunka nd disordely was only finable for up to $220
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good EveningMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.Do you have the section and the act under which you have been charged?

Related Australia Law Questions