Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

I just want to know if I can bring my fiancé from overseas

Customer Question
Hi I just want to...
Hi I just want to know if I can bring my fiancé from overseas straight after I got my divorce in Australia . Please let me know if it's possible
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a relation ship with a man overseas and I have separated from my exhusband for 16 months and doing my final divorce in Australia and want to know if I Can apply for the person I want to marry from overseas straight after I get my divorce or do I have to wait for some time
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
3/26/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

Are you planning to marry when she is here?

If that is the case you can apply for a prospective marriage visa

https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/300-

This is your best option.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My friend told me that I have to wait 5 years after my divorce before I apply for some one to marry from over seas so I want to know if it's true and if the prospective visa is some thing I can do so I don't have to Waite the 5 years . Can u please let me know . Thanks

No that is not correct.

If your first wife was bought in on a partner visa then it is 5 years after she was approved.

But if not your divorce has nothing to do with the marriage visa.

Good Morning

My apology I was not logged on when you requested the phone call.

Are you still after a call? I can call you later this afternoon I am in Melbourne and flying back to sydney today

Leon, Solicitor