How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44895
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was sexually abused by my father when i was 18/19 years

Customer Question

I was sexually abused by my father when i was 18/19 years ol, still living at home and workoing as his secretary for his own business. I am 58 years old now an he is 88 years old, it still disturbs me as i have made a promise to my mother when she was dying that i would look after dad as i know she worried about this as he is vision impaired. My mother knew what he had done and it really makes me sick to phisically hold his arm to guide him around. He has lots of money and i simp-ly just get by. Can i get money out of this situatiion. He has said to me he is willing to go to the police.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  philip.simmons replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to helpI am sorry for this dilemma....but I do not understand your question of "can I get money out of this"...what does that mean? Are you asking if you can file a lawsuit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am
Expert:  philip.simmons replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** tell me, what state did this happen in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Victoria Australia
Expert:  philip.simmons replied 1 year ago.
Ahh....seems this was sent to the US section by mistake. Not sure why. I will opt out and send this to the Australian Catagory. No need to respond...if an attorney can assist (one from your country) they will. ALSO, you can contact customer service and they can speed the process up a bit. Best of luck
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

I am sorry to say but as a victim of crime you are out of time to make a claim.

You have 2 years from the date of the crime

Here is the link form victims of crime in victoria

You can report it to the police but you are too late to seek compensation. The crime has no limit and the police can charge him and take him to court.

But you will not be placed in any better financial position.

I am sorry I cannot give you any better news.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.