How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Someone trying to sue me after the service 4-5 years ago.

Customer Question

Someone trying to sue me after the service 4-5 years ago. Alleges he sent bills and reminders. Not true. I don't live in Australia any more, he ambushed me by email, unfortunately I answered him - mistake! Anyhow I'm sure he wants to sue me although the service was for my co. We didn't wind up go yet, but it has nothing in it. I know he'll try to sue me and or co. We do have one property in Sydney
I would've definitely done in co name to claim costs for tax reasons, but worried he'll try to adjoin me of wife. We are not there as said. Do I need to worry?
Would've paid bill if he presented it 4 years ago or longer, now is different story. Advice please?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

He has 6 years to sue you for money that you owe them. After 6 years pass then he is out of time.

You are denying the work was done?

Where are you living now? Are you planing on coming back?

Is the property in your name?