Have Australian Law Questions? Ask a Lawyer Now.

If caught with possession of illegal drug in new jail and

Customer Question
dealt with in-house, can you...
If caught with possession of illegal drug in new jail and dealt with in-house, can you be charged by police as well? Is this not double jeopardy?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2016
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
No, you can still be charged.
If you commit a crime in Gaol, it still is a criminal offence.
Double Jeopardy is when you get charged with an offence, then obtain two penalties for same.

Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting also.

Hello

I note I have not received a response?
I wish to assist you.

Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting at no further cost to you.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to assist you.

Hello
I note I have not received a response?
I wish to assist you.

Daniel, Solicitor