Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I received an eBay notification that removed my listing on

Customer Question

Hi Pearl.My name is***** received an eBay notification that removed my listing on the grounds of image theft, I did not steal anything from anyone’s website however no-one will allow me to have a counter claim to prove the images are mine. Are people entitled to a counter claim or can they rightfully be denied?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: One yes and he gave me no accurate answer
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes I was verbally abused by eBay yesterday and had to be taken to hospital
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $31 after the Lawyer responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

The photo you used was it yours or taken off the internet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The photo I used was mine
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

You have have been given the right to respond to the allegation and given details of who made the allegations.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't, I was given a fake email address and that's it, they won't provide me with a counter claim with Vero which is eBay DMCA department so am I or am I not entitled to one.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

What do you mean a fake email address? Who gave you the fake email?

Can you email me copies of what you received? Do not post them here they will be visible to the public.

The email address is***@******.***