How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Patrick H. Your Own Question
Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 5422
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Patrick H. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am filling out the consent form of defacto relationship.

Customer Question

My name is Cath.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am filling out the consent form for breakdown of defacto relationship. Neither party wants any super, shares or money from personal accounts. My question is ,do we need to fill in those sections or can we just put nil
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question.

If you are applying for consent orders then you do need to complete the relevant items, even if you don't intend to alter those assets, as the court will need to satisfy itself that the settlement you are applying for is fair and that will require that the court be fully informed as to all the assets of both parties.

If you fail to do so there is a high probability that the court wil query the oversight and if not satisfied by your response, refuse to grant the consent orders and you will have to reapply at a later date.

I trust the above assists.

Good luck and please rate my answer.