Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

I want to find out if my divorce has been passed. The

Customer Question
application was filed in the...
I want to find out if my divorce has been passed. The application was filed in the Magistrates Court of Australia in Albury NSW. I have never received any notification, however that means nothing given my poor husband was horrified with having to divorce me.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/8/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Evening

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

Who filed the Divorce? If it was your husband are you saying you did not receive a copy of the filed document?

Or was it a joint application?

It was my husband who lodged the application, at least he was supposed to have done.

Good Evening

If the court in the US is telling you that he has not filed the application then he has not done it.

Do you wish to divorce him?

Are you in Australia? I live in Wagga NSW so why would you ask me the question about the US. Give me some real answers and stop making me look a fool

Good Evening

I am in Sydney.

Your husband did he serve you with the Application?

If not then you have to call Federal Magistrates Court hot line and they will be able to advise if an application has been filed.

They will not deal with the application unless he file an Affidavit of Service with your signature showing that you have acknowledged the document or a third party to confirm they handed it to you.

Here is the link for their contact details.

http://www.federalcircuitcourt.gov.au/wps/wcm/connect/fccweb/contact-us/nec/

If there is nothing filed then he has not filed anything and you will have to file your own application.