How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My name ***** ***** and my issue is yesterday I went and saw

Customer Question

My name ***** ***** and my issue is yesterday I went and saw a lawyer regarding my fathers will. In the will he left me the house which I have lived in for 20 years with him. The lawyer told me that the will was not valid as it was a little damaged, my father did not sign both pages and one witness signed in blue ink. He quoted me $12,000 to get probate. Can this be true? I am an only child and there is no-one to contest the will. Help please
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What would you like to know
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

That is not 100% correct. the cost of getting probate is possibly correct it all depends on the value of the estate.

The other issues of the pen etc can be overcome if the witnesses can confirm that they saw him sign the will and if the executor of the Will can also confirm that is his signature.

I would suggest that you take the will to another solicitor and get a second opinion.

What state are you in?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

I am following up my last post. Is there anything else I can assist you with?