Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My name ***** ***** and my issue is yesterday I went and saw…

Customer Question
My name ***** *****...

My name ***** ***** and my issue is yesterday I went and saw a lawyer regarding my fathers will. In the will he left me the house which I have lived in for 20 years with him. The lawyer told me that the will was not valid as it was a little damaged, my father did not sign both pages and one witness signed in blue ink. He quoted me $12,000 to get probate. Can this be true? I am an only child and there is no-one to contest the will. Help please

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

What would you like to know

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
3/7/2016
Solicitor: Leon, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Leon, Solicitor

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

That is not 100% correct. the cost of getting probate is possibly correct it all depends on the value of the estate.

The other issues of the pen etc can be overcome if the witnesses can confirm that they saw him sign the will and if the executor of the Will can also confirm that is his signature.

I would suggest that you take the will to another solicitor and get a second opinion.

What state are you in?

Good Evening

I am following up my last post. Is there anything else I can assist you with?