How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44898
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just wanting too know what the possible outcomes would be

Customer Question

Hi. Just wanting too know what the possible outcomes would be for a Minor who is 15yrs old (turning 16yrs in August of this year) who has stolen money from her employer amounting too $2900 dollars from the Cash registers? I know they said the Fraud Investigators will be involved and she will most likely be summoned to Court, but we are not sure if she will go to Prison or if we as her Parents will have to pay the money back etc? Because this is her first offense, wot could be the worst case scenario? This has been happening for a long period of time since she was little, started between 7-9yrs old, due to Domestic Violence in the home with her father etc, but this is the first time she has actually been caught! Stealing as in items from school, technology, anything that she has wanted. . We know we need to get Counselling for her and we know this is part of the reason why she has done what she has done.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

It is a serious offence and the will be hard to be lenient because stealing from your employer involves an element of trust that has been breached.

She will not go to Jail but he will get a record.

She needs to try and repay the money and also show remorse.

The lawyer she has should also hand up references that show she is not the person that appear before the court and the stealing is out of character.

You should start getting counselling for him and if the counsellor is able to give a report that will assist him that would also be a positive thing.

Also you as her parents can also provide a statement that you support her and that you will assist as required to get her some help.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

I am following up my last post. Is there anything else I can assist you with?