How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44379
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I recently left my job of 19 years. I received $75000. 25 k

Customer Question

Dear Sir,
I recently left my job of 19 years . I received $75000. 25 k was Entitlements. 50 k was an agreed sum. I normally earn 90 k a year on which I pay $175 per week for my daughter. I called Child Support to tell them I had a job and about the payment . They say they are going to include it in my taxable income and charge me supportChilsSupport
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

they are correct in what they are saying.

You have to challenge them and take the matter to the SSAT or the AAT

Child Support is calculate on your taxable income.

So all this is part of this.

Here is a link on what they consider as part of your income.

Anything you do with them has to be in writing and it is not adjusted until you receive the money

If you have a solicitor involved you may be able to control the release of the money as payment over a period and reduce this burden of a huge increase.

They will assess you on what you have received so far plus the settlement amount and if you get a job in the meantime what you earn from that.

If you can delay payment till after the financial year of the bulk then you will reduce your burden.

I hope this all makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

I am following up my last post. Is there anything else I can assist you with?