Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

My name is ***** ***** and i have an issue regarding my

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** and i have an issue regarding my father

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

He works at a mine as a mechanic and has recently been stood down with pay pending investigation due to a safety issue. the thing is tho that the safety issue that they are talking about has been made up and falsified so they can gain some grounds to sack him

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
3/7/2016
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
What exactly is the safety issue?

As they are trying to use safety as a genuine reason to sack your father, it is grounds for dismissal.
It appears that perhaps having him stood down, with pay is only to show that they have done all they can to at least appear that they are doing the right thing.

I would suggest that as soon as he is terminated, file an application to fair work:

https://www.fwc.gov.au/resolving-issues-disputes-and-dismissals/dismissal-termination-redundancy/eligibility-remedies-0

They are able to make a judgement call in respect of the matter and give remedies such as up to 6 months pay and or his position back.

Please rate my service and click ACCEPT. I am able to answer further questions after accepting.

Hello, I note I have heard a response from you.
I want to assist you with your question.

Is there any further assistance I can be of?
​Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting also