Have Australian law questions? Ask a lawyer now.

How do I have to wait until I do not have to report my

Customer Question
How long do I...

How long do I have to wait until I do not have to report my criminal record? Also, can I clean my record in any way?

Lawyer's Assistant: Our average wait time is under 20 minutes. Sometimes it takes just a minute. More complicated questions that need more research might take an hour or two. I'd be happy to chat with you while you wait. The stories I've heard working here... The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No, not yet.

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.

In 2012 I was convicted of Destruction of Specific property by fire. It was a downgraded charge from Arson, and I was sentenced to Two years immediate parole.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?

I have no other recorded convictions.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Australia Law
3/6/2016
Solicitor: Daniel, Solicitor replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Solicitor

Hello
Spent convictions can be applied for 10 years after the offence.
For such offences, they are perhaps to serious to apply for a spent conviction sadly.
I wish I could give better news, but cannot give false info which leads to false hope.
Is there any further assistance I can be of?

http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/spent-convictions-scheme.aspx
​Please click accept and rate my service. I am able to answer further questions after accepting also

Hello, I note I have heard a response from you.
I want to assist you with your question.