How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leon Your Own Question
Leon, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 44181
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Leon is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to get out of lease cuz business is not doing well,

Customer Question

Hi, i want to get out of lease cuz business is not doing well
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet, im still seeking for best solution
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I got a cafe shop, lease is 3x3, im just in the lease for 6 months
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: But business is not quite good. Im a citizen here but dont have any asset like house, ...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advice but a guide to assist you.

You cannot get out of the lease unless the landlord will let you out of it.

Have you spoken to him? If not this is the best way to approach it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any other way of getting out of lease? Can i declare bankruptcy ?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

You can breach the lease and then when he tries to sue you for the money then declare bankruptcy.

You can also try and sell the business to another person and the lease will be transferred to them.

But declaring bankruptcy now without him suing you and knowing what is owed is not going to assist you. You have to know what the amount owing is before you can declare bankruptcy.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.



Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening

I am just following up my last post. Is there anything else I can assist you with?

Related Australia Law Questions